Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What Do tea Party Participants Hope Will Be The Outcome Of Their Demonstrations

That's exactly why I have been on the fence about going. I protest taxation along with many other things that governments do. I want to see so much more than speech. Yet if speech is all that we do, there will be no change. I have decided to go. I want to interact with other protesters. I want to learn their frames of mind. I want to suggest to them that direct action is possible. If we truly valued liberty, we would not petition our rulers. We would simply act freely. A first step would be to just stop paying taxes. My protest is more against my fellow protesters. I want to challenge their sense of liberty. I have little hope that I can change any minds at all and no hope that I can change the attitudes of the hundreds of millions of other people in the nation. This is all that I can do at present to express my desire for liberty. Unfortunately, I am unable to resist the attacks that I would experience if I took more direct personal action.