Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Pink Saturday with Julia Child


Last night we joined friends for dinner at the Cracker Barrel and then on to see Julie & Julia......Since it is Pink Saturday I took a photo last night of the cookbook I purchased in 1978 which was her 4th cookbook (with my Old Country Rose pink teapot)! Yes, I remember "The French Chef", her television series and often watched her. I will say like everyone - Meryl sure captured that voice! It was amazing! The last time I saw Julia Child was that Christmas Special with Martha Stewart and Miss Piggy during the 1990's! They created a croquembouche. The voice was the same and the serious personality. Wow! By the way- I think Julia Child would have loved Pink Saturday!
Wishing you a very happy Pink Saturday....in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness
See others participants for Pink Saturday at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/myweblog/